Thursday, April 28, 2016

The Next Step




The Next Step


It has been a while since I posted last.  A lot has happened and the Lord has definitely moved in our hearts and lead us down a new path.  After lots of prayers and broken hearts over the past 7 years the Lord has given us peace about the next step and we are happy to say that we are ADOPTING!!  If you would have asked me 7 years ago I don’t know that I would believe you if you told me that we would one day adopt.  I always thought that the Lord would allow for a miracle or one of many procedures would work and that was the ending, but the Lord saw differently in a good way. 

The turning point for us was after we exhausted every method we could financially afford and mentally take, the Lord told me that I was done trying and we had a peace about it.  I can’t explain it but I knew that we had done all we could do and there were no doubts of that in my heart what so ever. We took a breather for the rest of the year and we wanted to hear from the Lord, “What is our next step Lord?”  At the beginning of the year I spoke for hours to a sweet sister in Christ ,Jennifer about adoption, because like us she was unable to have children, and thru her talking the Lord was whispering to me, “Do you want to carry a child, or do you want to be a mom?” Of course I told the Lord I want to be a mom and that is where we are today.  After hearing her story and the blessing that her child is I knew that this is what the Lord wants for us.  There will be no difference to us or our family that this child is not from our bloodline because it will be OURS.  Are we nervous, YES!  Are we scared, YES!  Is the Lord faithful to give us the perfect child, YES! 

I would ask for you to pray for us that the Lord would bless us with the child he wants.  We are open to either a boy or a girl and we are even open for it being all the way to a toddler. Please also keep us in mind if you have any family members or acquaintances that may not be able to be a parent and are willing to consider adoption. 

We appreciate everyone’s support thru the years and especially your prayers.

 

God Bless,

Terrance and Stephanie

 

P.S. The Lord has given me this verse while on this journey and I am holding on to His truth.
Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.



4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so thrilled for you. You're going to be amazing parents, and there is a child out there that will be so lucky and blessed to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I am excited for the two of you and pray that God won't keep you waiting too long for the next phase of your journey together. I know you will be great parents. I look forward to meeting little baby Morton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That's a great verse. God may still bless you all with your own after you adopt!!! Will be praying

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!! That's a great verse. God may still bless you all with your own after you adopt!!! Will be praying

    ReplyDelete