Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Thankful

Wow, what a difference a year has made its almost been a year ago that we went for the first time to the fertility doctor to find out why we haven't had success and a year later we are making plans on when our medical procedures will be done to assist in getting us pregnant.  This has probably been one of the most draining years of my life and my faith has definitely been tested but has it been worth it?  I would say yes I have learned in an amazing way that my life is in the Lord's hands and that he has the most perfect plan for our family to grow and we are being used as a tool to spread his name and praise in the end when we are able to present to him a child or children and call it a miracle by the Lord.  Can I say I am not scared? Well of course I am, but I have an amazing amount of trust that this is the way the Lord ordained us to have children and he will allow it to happen one way or another.  I firmly believe that things do not happen by chance but that they are a part of a bigger plan ordained by the Lord.  Also I learned that life does not happen the way we think it should and just hold true to your faith the Lord knows your heart in everything and a better day is coming even though it seems very dark and lonely at that low time in your life.  This can be applied to all things and not just in fertility issues.

On a side note I do have to say that I was blessed this past mother’s day as difficult as it could have been I know I had a ton of friends and family praying for me and I received the sweetest texts from various friends telling me that and you don’t know how much that meant to me.  I am truly blessed and thankful all at the same time.  The Lord used my friends as a reminder this year of his love and that he hasn't forgotten me.  One day when I have my children I don't want to forget any of this and remember these feelings and struggles and help others, otherwise why are we still here on this earth other than to help in leading people to the ultimate healer, Christ?  I encourage everyone reading this to reflect on their own life and realize that there are lots of hurting people whether it be physically, spiritually, mentally, and see how you can be a blessing in their life because of what you may have been thru could be a testimony to them. 

God Bless,
~Steph

2 Corinthians 2:14-But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere.

3 comments:

  1. Well Said. Just today, I had a good friend announce her husband finally got a job after 17 months of praying with out a job. She said the same thing, stay faithful and don't stop praying. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so inspiring to read your story, Stephanie. I know that things will work out for you, somehow or another. God always has a plan, and I think it's great that you are sharing your experience with all of us. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephanie, I love that you are so positive and confident. Stay that way. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here with us.

    ReplyDelete